MyHeritage updates Theories of Family Relativity periodically, and this is your lucky week. MyHeritage updated Theories and new Theories about shared ancestors with your matches may be waiting for you!
I received an email that I had new Theories, and when I signed on and clicked on DNA, I was greeted by this banner.
I always make notes when I review Theories, so it’s easy for me to tell which Theories I haven’t yet reviewed. They don’t have notes. The notes icon turns purple when you enter and save something.
I received six new Theories this week.
I love that MyHeritage shows you exactly how they make these potential connections. I have five different paths to consider for this Theory, and MyHeritage shows me the confidence level that these are the same people. I can click on the other person’s tree or historical documents if that’s what MyHeritage used, in addition to trees.
Theories are there to help you make genealogical connections, so take full advantage of this tool. Did you receive new Theories?
If your DNA isn’t yet at MyHeritage, now’s a great time to either order a DNA test or upload your DNA file from a different vendor for free, plus create or upload a tree, so you’ll be ready for the next update.
I’ve written about Theories of Family Relativity, how to get them, and how to use them, in the following articles.
- MyHeritage’s New Theory of Family Relativity
- MyHeritage Updates Theories of Family Relativity
- MyHeritage: Brand New Theories of Family Relativity
- MyHeritage Updates Theories of Family Relativity – Who is Waiting for You?
- How Can YOU Get Theories of Family Relativity at MyHeritage?
- Tips and Tricks for Working with Theories of Family Relativity
Follow DNAexplain on Facebook, here.
Share the Love!
You’re always welcome to forward articles or links to friends and share on social media.
If you haven’t already subscribed (it’s free,) you can receive an email whenever I publish by clicking the “follow” button on the main blog page, here.
You Can Help Keep This Blog Free
I receive a small contribution when you click on some of the links to vendors in my articles. This does NOT increase the price you pay but helps me to keep the lights on and this informational blog free for everyone. Please click on the links in the articles or to the vendors below if you are purchasing products or DNA testing.
Thank you so much.
DNA Purchases and Free Uploads
- FamilyTreeDNA – Y, mitochondrial and autosomal DNA testing
- MyHeritage DNA – Autosomal DNA test
- MyHeritage FREE DNA file upload – Upload your DNA file from other vendors free
- AncestryDNA – Autosomal DNA test
- 23andMe Ancestry – Autosomal DNA only, no Health
- 23andMe Ancestry Plus Health
Genealogy Products and Services
- MyHeritage FREE Tree Builder – Genealogy software for your computer
- MyHeritage Subscription with Free Trial
- Legacy Family Tree Webinars – Genealogy and DNA classes, subscription-based, some free
- Legacy Family Tree Software – Genealogy software for your computer
- Newspapers.com – Search newspapers for your ancestors
- NewspaperArchive – Search different newspapers for your ancestors
- DNA for Native American Genealogy – by Roberta Estes, for those ordering the e-book from anyplace, or paperback within the United States
- DNA for Native American Genealogy – for those ordering the paperback outside the US
- Genealogical.com – Lots of wonderful genealogy research books
- Legacy Tree Genealogists – Professional genealogy research