You’ll excuse my exuberance if I say this would be the BEST GIFT EVER!!!
And the great thing is that you can gift yourself if Santa doesn’t do it for you. Early bird registration is only $100. At previous conferences, lunches were included too, as were breaks with snacks and a generous goodie bag.
I attended the first and second MyHeritage LIVE conferences, in Oslo and Amsterdam, and they were absolutely AMAZING! I mean everything – the event itself, the people and companionship, the MyHeritage staff, Gilad’s opening sessions, the speakers and sessions, the food, the venue – everything.
Oh, and the party, how could I possibly forget to mention the party.
One of my favorite aspects of conferences is that we get to meet people in person that we’ve only met online, AND, we get to reconnect with old friends, strengthening bonds.
I will also say that MyHeritage does conferences right too. Nothing second class about these. Based on the conference price, they are heavily subsidized by MyHeritage – so take advantage of this wonderful opportunity.
Here’s the e-mail I received from MyHeritage:
Following the success of MyHeritage LIVE 2018 and 2019, I am delighted to announce that our third annual MyHeritage LIVE conference will take place from 25–26 October 2020 at the Hilton Tel Aviv in Israel! As one of the most celebrated genealogy events of the year, MyHeritage LIVE brings together family history enthusiasts, top international experts, and MyHeritage staff for two days of fascinating lectures covering the latest topics in genealogy and DNA. Each year, hundreds of MyHeritage users from around the world attend.
The venue is situated right on the Tel Aviv coastline with breathtaking views of the Mediterranean Sea. This year’s conference presents you with a wonderful opportunity to connect with fellow genealogy enthusiasts and tour a unique and beautiful country steeped in ancient history.
In addition to a plenary session from MyHeritage Founder and CEO Gilad Japhet, there will be multiple lectures, panels, and workshops covering genealogy and DNA, as well as sessions from local speakers covering Israeli resources and Jewish genealogy.
In case you haven’t noticed yet, this conference hotel is literally on the beach, on the waters of the Mediterranean Sea.
This is the miserable view out back.
View of the hotel from the nearby breakwater.
And look, there’s a beautiful walkway and bikeway along the beach, with a seaside park right next door.
And the hotel ballroom where I suspect the conference will be held. Just mentally photoshop yourself into these pictures!
Am I tempting you yet? Well, read on…
The all-star lineup of speakers on the website includes many names you know, I’m sure.
Yes, I’ll be there along with many world-class speakers. Sometimes additional speakers are added over time.
I’m really looking forward to hearing these speakers. In particular, I want to learn more about Jewish genealogy. I have one ancestor who is reflected in records as being a Jewish merchant. My husband’s lines are lost in the Poland/Hungary (now Croatia) region during the war. He has great-great-grandparents who were Jewish, also reflected in his ethnicity results.
My own mitochondrial haplogroup J was born in this part of the world, and I want to visit a place so very central to the birth of humanity as we migrated out of Africa. Israel is “home” to all of us and we are related to her people, both ancient and modern.
I want to walk on that soil and touch those sacred places.
One of my cousins has already registered. Let’s have a reunion!
Take a look at the fun video from the Amsterdam conference this fall.
You can register here.
Let me know, will I see you in Tel Aviv???
Get the Most for Your $$$
- You’ll want to either test your DNA at MyHeritage, or transfer your results from either FamilyTreeDNA, Ancestry or 23andMe. Step-by-step transfer instructions are here – and if you transfer before Dec. 18th, all DNA features are free.
- You’ll also want a complete research subscription. Truthfully, I wasn’t convinced at first, but I decided to give it a try and WOW, am I convinced now. I have literally hundreds and hundreds of records that are NOT available elsewhere attached to my ancestors in my tree – and that’s in addition to my DNA results, triangulation, Theories of Family Relativity and the rest of the goodies.
If you haven’t tested, now’s a great time because DNA tests are on sale.
If you have tested elsewhere, click here to transfer your DNA file.
If you would like a free trial records subscription, click here.
I receive a small contribution when you click on some of the links to vendors in my articles. This does NOT increase the price you pay but helps me to keep the lights on and this informational blog free for everyone. Please click on the links in the articles or to the vendors below if you are purchasing products or DNA testing.
Thank you so much.
DNA Purchases and Free Transfers
- FamilyTreeDNA – Y, mitochondrial and autosomal DNA testing
- MyHeritage DNA – ancestry autosomal DNA only, not health
- MyHeritage DNA plus Health
- MyHeritage FREE DNA file upload – transfer your results from other vendors free
- AncestryDNA – autosomal DNA only
- 23andMe Ancestry – autosomal DNA only, no Health
- 23andMe Ancestry Plus Health
Genealogy Products and Services
- MyHeritage FREE Tree Builder – genealogy software for your computer
- MyHeritage Subscription with Free Trial
- Legacy Family Tree Webinars – genealogy and DNA classes, subscription based, some free
- Legacy Family Tree Software – genealogy software for your computer
- Legacy Tree Genealogists – professional genealogy research
Fun DNA Stuff
- Celebrate DNA – customized DNA themed t-shirts, bags and other items