Webinars are free for the first week. After that, you’ll need a subscription.
In 10 Ways to Find Your Native American Ancestor Using Y, Mitochondrial and Autosomal DNA, I covered the following features and how to use them for your genealogy:
- Ethnicity – why it works and why it sometimes doesn’t
- Ethnicity – how it works
- Your Chromosomes – Mom and Dad
- Ethnicity at AncestryDNA, 23andMe, FamilyTreeDNA and MyHeritage DNA
- Genetic Communities at AncestryDNA
- Genetic Groups at MyHeritage DNA
- Painted ethnicity segments at 23andMe and FamilyTreeDNA
- Painting ethnicity segments at DNAPainter – and why you want to
- Shared ethnicity segments with your matches at AncestryDNA, 23andMe, FamilyTreeDNA and MyHeritage DNA
- Downloading matches and segment files
- Techniques to pinpoint Native Ancestors in your tree
- Y DNA, Native ancestors and haplogroups
- Mitochondrial DNA, Native ancestors and haplogroups
- Creating a plan to find your Native ancestor
- Strategies for finding test candidates
- Your Ancestor DNA Pedigree Chart
If you haven’t yet tested at or uploaded your DNA to both FamilyTreeDNA and MyHeritage, you can find upload/download instructions, here, so that you can take advantage of the unique tools at all vendors.
Hope you enjoy the webinar and find those elusive ancestors!
I receive a small contribution when you click on some of the links to vendors in my articles. This does NOT increase the price you pay but helps me to keep the lights on and this informational blog free for everyone. Please click on the links in the articles or to the vendors below if you are purchasing products or DNA testing.
Thank you so much.
DNA Purchases and Free Uploads
- FamilyTreeDNA – Y, mitochondrial and autosomal DNA testing
- MyHeritage DNA – Autosomal DNA test
- MyHeritage FREE DNA file upload – Upload your DNA file from other vendors free
- AncestryDNA – Autosomal DNA test
- 23andMe Ancestry – Autosomal DNA only, no Health
- 23andMe Ancestry Plus Health
Genealogy Products and Services
- MyHeritage FREE Tree Builder – Genealogy software for your computer
- MyHeritage Subscription with Free Trial
- Legacy Family Tree Webinars – Genealogy and DNA classes, subscription-based, some free
- Legacy Family Tree Software – Genealogy software for your computer
- Charting Companion – Charts and Reports to use with your genealogy software or FamilySearch
- RootsMagic Software – Genealogy software for your computer
- Newspapers.com – Search newspapers for your ancestors
- NewspaperArchive – Search different newspapers for your ancestors
- Genealogical.com – Lots of wonderful genealogy research books
- Legacy Tree Genealogists – Professional genealogy research