They have and it’s super easy.
DNA and Tree Matching in 4 Easy Steps
Here’s how to see your combined matches in 4 short steps.
- Sign on and click on DNA Matches.
- Click on the little filter icon.
- Click on “All tree details.”
- Then, click on “Has Smart Matches.”
DNA Matches Plus SmartMatches
Voila – using this filter setting, the only matches you will see are your DNA matches that are also SmartMatches, meaning the other person shares a common ancestor (or more) in a tree with you. You’ll see a combination of both features. We’ll use my match with Michael as an example.
Scroll down to review all of your information in common with this match including:
- Summary Information (estimated relationship, % match, shared cM match, number of shared segments, largest segment in cM,)
- Shared Ancestors
- Shared Ancestral Surnames
- Shared Ancestral Places
- Shared DNA Matches, including triangulation indicated by the purple circled segment icon at right
MIchael matches my mother too, so if I didn’t already know which parental side Michael matched me on, I do now. Triangulating with multiple other relatives assures me of a valid match.
- Pedigree charts
- Shared Ethnicities
- Chromosome Browser – Shared DNA Segments
Who do you match, share ancestors and triangulate with?
Testing at or Transferring to MyHeritage
You can either test at MyHeritage or transfer a DNA file from other vendors to MyHeritage.
To order a DNA test, click here.
To transfer a DNA file to MyHeritage, click here.
The article, MyHeritage Step by Step Guide: How to Upload-Download Files provides you with easy to follow instructions.
I receive a small contribution when you click on some (but not all) of the links to vendors in my articles. This does NOT increase the price you pay but helps me to keep the lights on and this informational blog free for everyone. Please click on the links in the articles or to the vendors below if you are purchasing products or DNA testing.
Thank you so much.
DNA Purchases and Free Transfers
- Family Tree DNA
- MyHeritage DNA only
- MyHeritage DNA plus Health
- MyHeritage FREE DNA file upload
- 23andMe Ancestry
- 23andMe Ancestry Plus Health
- Legacy Tree Genealogists for genealogy research