I’m excited to be a guest on Genealogy Quick Start TV with Shamele Jordon, this Thursday, February 10 from 3-4 Eastern time. Genealogy Quick Start is a live broadcast television show which airs on PhillyCAM, Philadelphia’s public access station. If you’re not local, don’t worry, you can still tune in easily at the time of the show.
This is an interactive genealogy TV program, not recorded and not a webinar.
Shamele and I will be talking about DNA and Native American Genealogy, both the topic and the book.
Does your family have an oral history that includes Native American heritage? If so, join us and learn the steps you can take to unravel this puzzle using various DNA tools and techniques.
We invite you to chat, comment, and ask questions.. Come join the fun.
Hope to see you Thursday!
Follow DNAexplain on Facebook, here or follow me on Twitter, here.
Share the Love!
You’re always welcome to forward articles or links to friends and share on social media.
If you haven’t already subscribed (it’s free,) you can receive an email whenever I publish by clicking the “follow” button on the main blog page, here.
You Can Help Keep This Blog Free
I receive a small contribution when you click on some of the links to vendors in my articles. This does NOT increase the price you pay but helps me to keep the lights on and this informational blog free for everyone. Please click on the links in the articles or to the vendors below if you are purchasing products or DNA testing.
Thank you so much.
DNA Purchases and Free Uploads
- FamilyTreeDNA– Y, mitochondrial and autosomal DNA testing
- MyHeritage DNA– Autosomal DNA test
- MyHeritage FREE DNA file upload– Upload your DNA file from other vendors free
- AncestryDNA– Autosomal DNA test
- 23andMe Ancestry– Autosomal DNA only, no Health
- 23andMe Ancestry Plus Health
Genealogy Products and Services
- MyHeritage FREE Tree Builder– Genealogy software for your computer
- MyHeritage Subscription with Free Trial
- Legacy Family Tree Webinars– Genealogy and DNA classes, subscription-based, some free
- Legacy Family Tree Software– Genealogy software for your computer
- Newspapers.com– Search newspapers for your ancestors
- NewspaperArchive– Search different newspapers for your ancestors
- DNA for Native American Genealogy– by Roberta Estes
- DNA for Native American Genealogy for those ordering outside the US
- Genealogical.com– Lots of wonderful genealogy research books
- Legacy Tree Genealogists– Professional genealogy research
Thursday isn’t doable for me. Will I be able to catch this program at a later date and time? I purchased your book and I love it! I would love to participate. Thank you so much.
I believe it will be available on YouTube after. And thank you so much for your support.
Great to see you’re able to be back in action. Stay safe
I have blocked off he time and told hubby he’s kicked out of the office for tomorrow noon our time. He said ‘anything for Roberta’! Thx for the question from Elizabeth (above), as I shared this with one of my matches and He may not be able to watch it in its entirety. (Yes, the book is amazing, I’ll have it in the office in case I need to look up something). New email address for me.
Hi Roberta, Somehow I missed your new book, DNA for Native Americans. I just ordered a copy from Amazon. Lenny
Thank you Lenny.
Very interesting program. I enjoyed watching until a “webpage crash” happened. I did find it on YouTube later and was able to fast-forward to the part I had missed. Congratulations on the book and the program!
Glad you could catch up later. I’m always worried about live events on my end for the same reason.
I watched the interview yesterday, great explanations, as ever, and your humors crack me up each time. xD
So your Indian ancestors on your father side still evade you, I hope 2022 will finally set you on the right trail to narrow it down further.
No oral history that includes Native American heritage in my family. You would think, with all four of my maternal great-grand-parent having at least one line which trace back to First Nation woman, someone would remember, but no. Well, some people don’t care about these things, as weird as it may sound to us. ^__^