Today, another group from the DNAeXplained archives. This time, we’ll be looking at Intermediate DNA. The various categories are:
- Historical or Obsolete – these are items that were interesting at the time by aren’t really relevant today – except in a historical context. An example would be the announcement of the Genographic 2 project in July of 2012. You may wonder why I didn’t delete these. Looking back, these are somewhat like a genetic genealogy journal.
- General Information – these are generally articles about DNA and genealogy. They don’t presume that you’re actually working with the results.
- Basic Education – this may be basic genealogy or basic DNA fundamentals. These articles provide a foundation for working with your results. Think of it as pre-bootcamp.
- Introductory DNA – these articles do presume you are working with your results. Bootcamp begins here.
- Intermediate DNA – these topics are a little more challenging and you’ll probably need the basics and introductory understanding to be able to work at this level.
- Advanced DNA – very few articles are advanced. In fact, I try very hard to avoid this, when possible. Mostly, these have to do with advanced autosomal techniques and research.
- Examples – these are examples of using genealogy and DNA together seamlessly. My 52 Ancestors stories fall into this category. Think of these as story problems that include the answers!
- Educational – educational opportunities such as classes, books and videos.
- Entertainment – just for fun, like the Who Do You Think You Are series, some of these have no DNA content.
- Project Administration – articles written for project administrators at Family Tree DNA. Project administrators, of course, will be interested in all of the rest.
- In the past we’ve covered Historical, General Information, Basic Education and Introductory DNA. Today, let’s look at Intermediate DNA.
|To SNP or not to SNP?||8-10-2012||http://dna-explained.com/2012/08/10/to-snp-or-not-to-snp/|
|Phasing the X Chromosome||12-30-2012||http://dna-explained.com/2012/12/30/phasing-the-x-chromosome/|
|The Autosomal Me – Unraveling Minority Admixture||2-6-2013||http://dna-explained.com/2013/02/06/the-autosomal-me-unraveling-minority-admixture/|
|The Autosomal Me – The Ancestors Speak||2-10-2013||http://dna-explained.com/2013/02/10/the-autosomal-me-the-ancestors-speak/|
|The Autosomal Me – Who Am I?||2-13-2013||http://dna-explained.com/2013/02/13/the-autosomal-me-who-am-i/|
|The Autosomal Me – Testing Company Results||2-24-2013||http://dna-explained.com/2013/02/24/the-autosomal-me-testing-company-results/|
|The Autosomal Me – Rooting Around in the Weeds Using Third Party Tools||3-3-2013||http://dna-explained.com/2013/03/03/the-autosomal-me-rooting-around-in-the-weeds-using-third-party-tools/|
|The Autosomal Me – DNA Analysis – Splitting Up||3-12-2013||http://dna-explained.com/2013/03/12/the-autosomal-me-dna-analysis-splitting-up/|
|The Autosomal Me – Start, Stop, go – Identifying Native Chromosome Segments||3-18-2013||the-autosomal-me-start-stop-go-identifying-native-chromosome-segments|
|The Autosomal Me – Extracting Data Segments and Clustering||4-8-2013||http://dna-explained.com/2013/04/08/the-autosomal-me-extracting-data-segments-and-clustering/|
|The Autosomal Me – The Holy Grail – Identifying Native Genealogy Lines||5-31-2013||http://dna-explained.com/2013/05/31/the-autosomal-me-the-holy-grail-identifying-native-genealogy-lines/|
|The Autosomal Me Summary and PDF File||6-2-2013||http://dna-explained.com/2013/06/02/the-autosomal-me-summary-and-pdf-file/|
|Kitty Cooper’s Chromosome Mapping Tool Released||8-3-2013||http://dna-explained.com/2013/08/03/kitty-coopers-chromsome-mapping-tool-released/|
|Family Tree DNA Updates Family Finder and Adds Triangulation||10-3-2013||http://dna-explained.com/2013/10/03/family-tree-dna-updates-family-finder-and-adds-triangulation/|
|Mitochondrial DNA Convergence and Matches||10-11-2013||http://dna-explained.com/2013/10/11/mitochondrial-dna-convergence-and-matches/|
|Family Tree DNA’s Family Finder Match Matrix Released||12-10-2013||http://dna-explained.com/2013/12/10/family-tree-dnas-family-finder-match-matrix-released/|
|Introducing the Autosomal DNA Segment Analyzer||1-9-2014||http://dna-explained.com/2014/01/09/introducing-the-autosomal-dna-segment-analyzer/|
|That Unruly X…Chromosome That Is||1-23-2014||http://dna-explained.com/2014/01/23/that-unruly-x-chromosome-that-is/|
|Big Y Matching||6-24-2014||http://dna-explained.com/2014/06/24/big-y-matching/|
|Big Y DNA Results Divide and Unite Haplogroup Q Native Americans||6-25-2014||http://dna-explained.com/2014/06/25/big-y-dna-results-divide-and-unite-haplogroup-q-native-americans/|
|Utilizing Ancient DNA at GedMatch||9-22-2014||http://dna-explained.com/2014/09/22/utilizing-ancient-dna-at-gedmatch/|
|Ancient DNA Matches – What Do They Mean?||9-25-2014||http://dna-explained.com/2014/09/25/ancient-dna-matches-what-do-they-mean/|
|Ancient DNA Matching – A Cautionary Tale||9-30-2014||http://dna-explained.com/2014/09/30/ancient-dna-matching-a-cautionary-tale/|
|Chromosome Browser War||11-30-2014||http://dna-explained.com/2014/11/30/chromosome-browser-war/|
|How Phasing Works and Determining IBD Versus IBS Matches||1-2-2015||http://dna-explained.com/2015/01/02/how-phasing-works-and-determining-ibd-versus-ibs-matches/|
|Just One Cousin||1-11-2015||http://dna-explained.com/2015/01/11/just-one-cousin/|
|Lazarus – Putting Humpty Dumpty Back Together Again||1-14-2015||http://dna-explained.com/2015/01/14/lazarus-putting-humpty-dumpty-back-together-again/|
|Demystifying Autosomal DNA Matching||1-16-2015||http://dna-explained.com/2015/01/17/demystifying-autosomal-dna-matching/|
|Estes Big Y DNA Results||3-26-2015||http://dna-explained.com/2015/03/26/estes-big-y-dna-results/|
|Are You Native? – Native American Haplogroup Origins and Ancestral Origins||5-21-2015||http://dna-explained.com/2015/05/21/are-you-native-native-american-haplogroup-origins-and-ancestral-origins/|
|4 Generation Inheritance Study||8-23-2015||http://dna-explained.com/2015/08/23/4-generation-inheritance-study/|
|Ancestry Shared Matches Combined With New Ancestor Discoveries||8-28-2015||http://dna-explained.com/2015/08/28/ancestry-shared-matches-combined-with-new-ancestor-discoveries/|
I receive a small contribution when you click on some of the links to vendors in my articles. This does NOT increase the price you pay but helps me to keep the lights on and this informational blog free for everyone. Please click on the links in the articles or to the vendors below if you are purchasing products or DNA testing.
Thank you so much.
DNA Purchases and Free Transfers
- Family Tree DNA
- MyHeritage DNA only
- MyHeritage DNA plus Health
- MyHeritage FREE DNA file upload
- 23andMe Ancestry
- 23andMe Ancestry Plus Health
- Legacy Tree Genealogists for genealogy research