Today, another group from the DNAeXplained archives. This time, we’ll be looking at Intermediate DNA. The various categories are:
- Historical or Obsolete – these are items that were interesting at the time by aren’t really relevant today – except in a historical context. An example would be the announcement of the Genographic 2 project in July of 2012. You may wonder why I didn’t delete these. Looking back, these are somewhat like a genetic genealogy journal.
- General Information – these are generally articles about DNA and genealogy. They don’t presume that you’re actually working with the results.
- Basic Education – this may be basic genealogy or basic DNA fundamentals. These articles provide a foundation for working with your results. Think of it as pre-bootcamp.
- Introductory DNA – these articles do presume you are working with your results. Bootcamp begins here.
- Intermediate DNA – these topics are a little more challenging and you’ll probably need the basics and introductory understanding to be able to work at this level.
- Advanced DNA – very few articles are advanced. In fact, I try very hard to avoid this, when possible. Mostly, these have to do with advanced autosomal techniques and research.
- Examples – these are examples of using genealogy and DNA together seamlessly. My 52 Ancestors stories fall into this category. Think of these as story problems that include the answers!
- Educational – educational opportunities such as classes, books and videos.
- Entertainment – just for fun, like the Who Do You Think You Are series, some of these have no DNA content.
- Project Administration – articles written for project administrators at Family Tree DNA. Project administrators, of course, will be interested in all of the rest.
- In the past we’ve covered Historical, General Information, Basic Education and Introductory DNA. Today, let’s look at Intermediate DNA.
|To SNP or not to SNP?||8-10-2012||http://dna-explained.com/2012/08/10/to-snp-or-not-to-snp/|
|Phasing the X Chromosome||12-30-2012||http://dna-explained.com/2012/12/30/phasing-the-x-chromosome/|
|The Autosomal Me – Unraveling Minority Admixture||2-6-2013||http://dna-explained.com/2013/02/06/the-autosomal-me-unraveling-minority-admixture/|
|The Autosomal Me – The Ancestors Speak||2-10-2013||http://dna-explained.com/2013/02/10/the-autosomal-me-the-ancestors-speak/|
|The Autosomal Me – Who Am I?||2-13-2013||http://dna-explained.com/2013/02/13/the-autosomal-me-who-am-i/|
|The Autosomal Me – Testing Company Results||2-24-2013||http://dna-explained.com/2013/02/24/the-autosomal-me-testing-company-results/|
|The Autosomal Me – Rooting Around in the Weeds Using Third Party Tools||3-3-2013||http://dna-explained.com/2013/03/03/the-autosomal-me-rooting-around-in-the-weeds-using-third-party-tools/|
|The Autosomal Me – DNA Analysis – Splitting Up||3-12-2013||http://dna-explained.com/2013/03/12/the-autosomal-me-dna-analysis-splitting-up/|
|The Autosomal Me – Start, Stop, go – Identifying Native Chromosome Segments||3-18-2013||the-autosomal-me-start-stop-go-identifying-native-chromosome-segments|
|The Autosomal Me – Extracting Data Segments and Clustering||4-8-2013||http://dna-explained.com/2013/04/08/the-autosomal-me-extracting-data-segments-and-clustering/|
|The Autosomal Me – The Holy Grail – Identifying Native Genealogy Lines||5-31-2013||http://dna-explained.com/2013/05/31/the-autosomal-me-the-holy-grail-identifying-native-genealogy-lines/|
|The Autosomal Me Summary and PDF File||6-2-2013||http://dna-explained.com/2013/06/02/the-autosomal-me-summary-and-pdf-file/|
|Kitty Cooper’s Chromosome Mapping Tool Released||8-3-2013||http://dna-explained.com/2013/08/03/kitty-coopers-chromsome-mapping-tool-released/|
|Family Tree DNA Updates Family Finder and Adds Triangulation||10-3-2013||http://dna-explained.com/2013/10/03/family-tree-dna-updates-family-finder-and-adds-triangulation/|
|Mitochondrial DNA Convergence and Matches||10-11-2013||http://dna-explained.com/2013/10/11/mitochondrial-dna-convergence-and-matches/|
|Family Tree DNA’s Family Finder Match Matrix Released||12-10-2013||http://dna-explained.com/2013/12/10/family-tree-dnas-family-finder-match-matrix-released/|
|Introducing the Autosomal DNA Segment Analyzer||1-9-2014||http://dna-explained.com/2014/01/09/introducing-the-autosomal-dna-segment-analyzer/|
|That Unruly X…Chromosome That Is||1-23-2014||http://dna-explained.com/2014/01/23/that-unruly-x-chromosome-that-is/|
|Big Y Matching||6-24-2014||http://dna-explained.com/2014/06/24/big-y-matching/|
|Big Y DNA Results Divide and Unite Haplogroup Q Native Americans||6-25-2014||http://dna-explained.com/2014/06/25/big-y-dna-results-divide-and-unite-haplogroup-q-native-americans/|
|Utilizing Ancient DNA at GedMatch||9-22-2014||http://dna-explained.com/2014/09/22/utilizing-ancient-dna-at-gedmatch/|
|Ancient DNA Matches – What Do They Mean?||9-25-2014||http://dna-explained.com/2014/09/25/ancient-dna-matches-what-do-they-mean/|
|Ancient DNA Matching – A Cautionary Tale||9-30-2014||http://dna-explained.com/2014/09/30/ancient-dna-matching-a-cautionary-tale/|
|Chromosome Browser War||11-30-2014||http://dna-explained.com/2014/11/30/chromosome-browser-war/|
|How Phasing Works and Determining IBD Versus IBS Matches||1-2-2015||http://dna-explained.com/2015/01/02/how-phasing-works-and-determining-ibd-versus-ibs-matches/|
|Just One Cousin||1-11-2015||http://dna-explained.com/2015/01/11/just-one-cousin/|
|Lazarus – Putting Humpty Dumpty Back Together Again||1-14-2015||http://dna-explained.com/2015/01/14/lazarus-putting-humpty-dumpty-back-together-again/|
|Demystifying Autosomal DNA Matching||1-16-2015||http://dna-explained.com/2015/01/17/demystifying-autosomal-dna-matching/|
|Estes Big Y DNA Results||3-26-2015||http://dna-explained.com/2015/03/26/estes-big-y-dna-results/|
|Are You Native? – Native American Haplogroup Origins and Ancestral Origins||5-21-2015||http://dna-explained.com/2015/05/21/are-you-native-native-american-haplogroup-origins-and-ancestral-origins/|
|4 Generation Inheritance Study||8-23-2015||http://dna-explained.com/2015/08/23/4-generation-inheritance-study/|
|Ancestry Shared Matches Combined With New Ancestor Discoveries||8-28-2015||http://dna-explained.com/2015/08/28/ancestry-shared-matches-combined-with-new-ancestor-discoveries/|