More and more conferences are making at least some of their sessions available via both livestream and/or recording.
The National Genealogical Society (NGS) is doing the same for their conference May 8-11 in St. Charles, Missouri.
If you can’t be there in person, you can join by livestream for several sessions, including my Thursday May 9th keynote at 4:15 (PM – CST) titled DNA: King Arthur’s Mighty Genetic Lightsaber.
Here’s the teaser that I wrote:
Let’s talk about how DNA can be your own modern-day personal Excalibur, slicing through roadblocks, slaying myths, and vanquishing brick walls. Here’s how to coax that force into being with you today and preparing for tomorrow.
I can’t tell you much more now – it would spoil the surprise. Let’s just say that I’ve been working VERY hard on this presentation!
One thing I love about this field is that writing articles and preparing to speak makes me really REALLY focus on solving my own mysteries so that I can use them as examples.
Livestreamed sessions, also recorded, include a total of 10 sessions.
Day 1 includes 5 sessions total, 3 DNA and 2 ethnic sessions. Speakers include:
- The Fisherman Who Wanted to Marry the Executioner’s Daughter: Stories From German Marriage Sources – Warren Bittner, CG
- UK Sources for Irish Immigrants – John Grenham, FIGRS, FGSI
- Using a DNA Map to Navigate Your Brick Walls – Blaine T. Bettinger, JD, PhD
- Finding Relatives Through DNA When Family Trees Do Not Exist – Bernice Bennett
- DNA: King Arthur’s Mighty Genetic Lightsaber – Roberta Estes, MS, MBA
In addition, 15 audio-only DNA sessions will be available for purchase, but I have some reservations about how useful audio-only would be.
Day 2 focuses on BCG skillbuilding and includes:
- Context: A Powerful Tool for Problem-Solving – Elizabeth Shown Mills, CG, CGL, FASG, FNGS, FUGA
- Writing the Family Narrative: A Strategy for Breaking Down Brick Walls – Rebecca Whitman Koford, CG, CGL
- Building a Credible Lineage Despite Missing Information, Conflicting and Incorrect Records, and Undocumented Publications – Thomas W. Jones, CG, CGL, PhD, FASG, FUGA, FNGS
- Reporting on Research: Standards Encourage Better Communication – Nancy A. Peters, CG, CGL
- Writing a Conclusion Incorporating DNA Evidence – Debbie Parker Wayne, CG, CGL
In addition, 15 audio-only BCG sessions will be available to purchase for this track too.
You can sign up for livestreams for one day or two, for $95 for one day, or $149 for both at this link. You will also be able to play the recordings of those sessions an unlimited number of times if you purchase the livestream.
You can purchase live-stream video sessions up until May 8th at midnight CST. After that, you’ll receive the recorded version.
Special pricing for everything expires May 11th.
I receive a small contribution when you click on some (but not all) of the links to vendors in my articles. This does NOT increase the price you pay but helps me to keep the lights on and this informational blog free for everyone. Please click on the links in the articles or to the vendors below if you are purchasing products or DNA testing.
Thank you so much.
DNA Purchases and Free Transfers
- Family Tree DNA
- MyHeritage DNA only
- MyHeritage DNA plus Health
- MyHeritage FREE DNA file upload
- 23andMe Ancestry
- 23andMe Ancestry Plus Health
- Legacy Tree Genealogists for genealogy research