Today, another grouping of articles from the DNAeXplained archives. This time, we’ll be looking at the Educational Opportunities group. The various categories are:
- Historical or Obsolete – these are items that were interesting at the time by aren’t really relevant today – except in a historical context. An example would be the announcement of the Genographic 2 project in July of 2012. You may wonder why I didn’t delete these. Looking back, these are somewhat like a genetic genealogy journal.
- General Information – these are generally articles about DNA and genealogy. They don’t presume that you’re actually working with the results.
- Basic Education – this may be basic genealogy or basic DNA fundamentals. These articles provide a foundation for working with your results. Think of it as pre-bootcamp.
- Introductory DNA – these articles do presume you are working with your results. Bootcamp begins here.
- Intermediate DNA – these are a little more difficult and you’ll probably need the basics and introductory understanding to be able to work at this level.
- Advanced DNA – very few articles are advanced. In fact, I try very hard to avoid this, when possible. Mostly, these have to do with advanced autosomal techniques and research.
- Educational – educational opportunities such as classes, books and videos.
- Entertainment – just for fun, like the Who Do You Think You Are series, some of these have no DNA content.
- Examples – these are examples of using genealogy and DNA together seamlessly. My 52 Ancestors stories fall into this category. Think of these as story problems that include the answers!
- Project Administration – articles written for project administrators at Family Tree DNA. Project administrators, of course, will be interested in all of the rest.
In the past we’ve covered Historical, General Information, Basic Education, Introductory, Intermediate and Advanced DNA. Today, let’s look at Educational.
|It’s Dick Hill’s Fault||9-25-2012||http://dna-explained.com/2012/09/25/its-dick-hills-fault/|
|NGS Series on DNA Basics – All 4 Parts||8-10-2013||http://dna-explained.com/2013/08/10/ngs-series-on-dna-basics-all-4-parts/|
|Chromosome Parody Video||12-31-2013||http://dna-explained.com/2013/12/31/chromosome-parody-video/|
|Genetic Genealogy: The Basics and Beyond by Emily Aulicino||1-24-2014||http://dna-explained.com/2014/01/24/genetic-genealogy-the-basics-and-beyond-by-emily-aulicino/|
|African Diaspora Conference Videos Available||2-2-2014||http://dna-explained.com/2014/02/02/the-african-diaspora-conference-videos-available/|
|Educational Videos from International Genetic Genealogy Conference Now Available||9-26-2014||http://dna-explained.com/2014/09/26/educational-videos-from-international-genetic-genealogy-conference-now-available/|
|Guide to DNA Testing by Richard Hill||10-17-2014||http://dna-explained.com/2014/10/17/guide-to-dna-testing-by-richard-hill/|
|Genetic Genealogy Ireland 2014 Presentations||11-12-2014||http://dna-explained.com/2014/11/12/genetic-genealogy-ireland-2014-presentations/|
|Finally – A “How To” Class for Working With Autosomal DNA Results||2-10-2015||http://dna-explained.com/2015/02/10/finally-a-how-to-class-for-working-with-autosomal-dna-results/|
|NextGen Genealogy: The DNA Connection by David Dowell||2-14-2015||http://dna-explained.com/2015/02/14/nextgen-genealogy-the-dna-connection-by-david-dowell/|
|Getting Started in Genetic Genealogy – Intro by Diahan Southard||2-18-2015||http://dna-explained.com/2015/02/18/getting-started-in-genetic-genealogy-intro-by-diahan-southard/|
|DNA Lectures YouTube Channel||4-28-2015||http://dna-explained.com/2015/04/26/dna-lectures-youtube-channel/|
|DNAeXplain Archives – Historical or Obsolete Articles||6-13-2014||dnaexplain-archives-historical-or-obsolete-articles|
|DNAeXplain Archives General Information Articles||7-1-2015||http://dna-explained.com/2015/07/01/dnaexplain-archives-general-information-articles/|
|First Peoples Series on PBS||7-20-2015||http://dna-explained.com/2015/07/20/first-peoples-series-on-pbs/|