I’m excited – for two reasons. First, RootsTech registration opens today, and second, in partnership with RootsTech, I’m doing something entirely new – DNA Academy!!
RootsTech will be held February 29 – March 2 at the Salt Palace in Salt Lake City, Utah. Registration opens today.
RootsTech 2024 will be both in-person and online.
Click here to register or view the speakers and sessions.
Please note that the online version is free again this year, and includes more than 200 sessions in multiple languages. More than 250 in-person sessions will be offered.
You can take a look at the speakers, here. I’ve noticed that some of the search and filter functions are struggling today. When I encountered issues, such as nothing displaying, I closed and opened my browser again.
Click on the Filters to view the speakers, categories, meaning general sessions, in-person or online, and the different presentation types.
Please note that this list does NOT include sessions provided by vendors that will be presented in their booths – so there will be more available.
Yes, I’ll Be Attending – In Person
I know the next question will be whether I’ll be speaking and if I’m going to be at RootsTech in person. The answer is yes.
I’m looking forward to presenting two sessions.
My second session is brand new for RootsTech.
RootsTech and I are partnering to offer something new this year – DNA Academy.
DNA Academy will be a two-hour session that pulls all the pieces together for you. Offering a two-hour session is something new and experimental for RootsTech.
Often, people ask about the differences between DNA tests, testing companies, and popular third-party tools. How do you manage all of this anyway? How should you approach testing to address your specific genealogical challenges?
I’m offering this in-depth two-hour class to present everything in one place. And yes, I promise to give you a stand-up and stretch break at the one-hour mark.
Please note that this session is listed as a workshop, but it isn’t in the traditional sense. You don’t need to bring your laptop as it’s lecture only. There won’t be any in-class exercises, but you’ll be able to apply this information right away.
I’m very excited about offering this comprehensive class, and I hope you’ll join me.
See you at RootsTech!!!
Follow DNAexplain on Facebook, here.
Share the Love!
You’re always welcome to forward articles or links to friends and share on social media.
If you haven’t already subscribed (it’s free,) you can receive an email whenever I publish by clicking the “follow” button on the main blog page, here.
You Can Help Keep This Blog Free
I receive a small contribution when you click on some of the links to vendors in my articles. This does NOT increase the price you pay but helps me to keep the lights on and this informational blog free for everyone. Please click on the links in the articles or to the vendors below if you are purchasing products or DNA testing.
Thank you so much.
DNA Purchases and Free Uploads
- FamilyTreeDNA – Y, mitochondrial and autosomal DNA testing
- MyHeritage DNA – Autosomal DNA test
- MyHeritage FREE DNA file upload – Upload your DNA file from other vendors free
- AncestryDNA – Autosomal DNA test
- AncestryDNA Plus Traits
- 23andMe Ancestry – Autosomal DNA only, no Health
- 23andMe Ancestry Plus Health
Genealogy Products and Services
- MyHeritage FREE Tree Builder – Genealogy software for your computer
- MyHeritage Subscription with Free Trial
- Legacy Family Tree Webinars – Genealogy and DNA classes, subscription-based, some free
- Legacy Family Tree Software – Genealogy software for your computer
- Newspapers.com – Search newspapers for your ancestors
- NewspaperArchive – Search different newspapers for your ancestors
- DNA for Native American Genealogy – by Roberta Estes, for those ordering the e-book from anyplace, or paperback within the United States
- DNA for Native American Genealogy – for those ordering the paperback outside the US
- Genealogical.com – Lots of wonderful genealogy research books
- American Ancestors – Wonderful selection of genealogy books
- Legacy Tree Genealogists – Professional genealogy research