Today, RootsTech announced that the 2022 RootsTech Connect conference will be held March 3-5, 2022, and will be fully virtual and free for attendees.
RootsTech has a worldwide reach, and with what the world is still facing with Covid and variants, I fully understand and support this decision. No one, me included, has to agonize about whether to attend in person, or not. No one is risking their life or health. Furthermore, decisions to book venues have to be made substantially in advance, and often there is no canceling without significant financial penalties. In other words, I’m sure FamilySearch waited as long as possible to decide with as much data as could be gathered, today.
Having said that, I’m also incredibly disappointed. Not with FamilySearch or RootsTech, just disappointed that circumstances aren’t different so that we can be with and see our friends in person. However, let’s focus on the good news.
RootsTech Connect 2021 was immensely popular, with over a million visitors from over 240 countries. For many people, especially those who couldn’t or didn’t travel to Salt Lake City, it was their first time attending. In fact, you can still watch the 2021 videos. The full DNA list with direct links is here. The main RootsTech 2021 site is here.
FamilySearch will, of course, continue to evaluate the in-person aspect of the conference each year. They have committed to retain the virtual component regardless – a huge benefit that reaches out to include so many.
See you there, one way or another!
I receive a small contribution when you click on some of the links to vendors in my articles. This does NOT increase the price you pay but helps me to keep the lights on and this informational blog free for everyone. Please click on the links in the articles or to the vendors below if you are purchasing products or DNA testing.
Thank you so much.
DNA Purchases and Free Transfers
- FamilyTreeDNA – Y, mitochondrial and autosomal DNA testing
- MyHeritage DNA – Autosomal DNA test
- MyHeritage FREE DNA file upload – Transfer your results from other vendors free
- AncestryDNA – Autosomal DNA test
- 23andMe Ancestry – Autosomal DNA only, no Health
- 23andMe Ancestry Plus Health
Genealogy Products and Services
- MyHeritage FREE Tree Builder – Genealogy software for your computer
- MyHeritage Subscription with Free Trial
- Legacy Family Tree Webinars – Genealogy and DNA classes, subscription-based, some free
- Legacy Family Tree Software – Genealogy software for your computer
- Charting Companion – Charts and Reports to use with your genealogy software or FamilySearch
- RootsMagic Software – Genealogy software for your computer
- Newspapers.com – Search newspapers for your ancestors
- Genealogical.com – Lots of wonderful genealogy research books
- Legacy Tree Genealogists – Professional genealogy research